Setting up Network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kerry_s

StumpedTechy said:
The main thing to do is make sure both computers have an Ethernet NIC and make sure your broadband provider has given you a modem with an Ethernet port (not USB). If both are true than all you need is the router and 2 patch cables (any length) if either of your PC's are missing an Ethernet port you will have to buy an ethernet NIC as well.
I'm in the same situation only i've been given a modem that has a USB port not Ethernet. Could anyone explain what happens in this situation and what would be needed in order to set this up.

Thanks very much.

Kerry_s, it would probably be best if you started your own thread. I'm sure someone will be along to give you a hand.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

How about some details about your configuration and what machines you want to connect. Also, this ICS tutorial will help you start thinking about what you need.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online