1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setting Up new internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Genderhawk, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Genderhawk

Genderhawk Thread Starter

I have recently re-installed windows and I have been unable to set up my cable internet connection. I have isolated the problem and I think my computer is not recognizing my network card. When I go and look at my hardware it has a big yellow checkmark beside the words "Ethernet Controller". I think I have to find the drivers for my ethernet card but I am not sure. When I physically opened my computer up and looked at it the controller it says "Foxconn" and has the code "4071-J51". I suppose that is the model number but I have had no luck finding any Foxconn drivers that seem compatible with my mobo. Does anybody know of any generic Microsoft or Intel ethernet card drivers that I have been over looking. My motherboard is a D865GBF by the way.

All help is appreciated

2. GarroteYou

GarroteYou

3. Genderhawk

I tried your link with no success, but what is "NIC onboard the motherboard"?

4. Genderhawk

I tried to download that file and got same result, still said that it needs the drivers. I need a better way to find out if I am even looking at the right chip.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Ethernet NIC's are very cheap, if you can't find the drivers for that one or identify the model, get an $8 NIC and it'll come with drivers.

6. GarroteYou

GarroteYou

You said that you had a D865GBF motherboard. That's an intel motherboard. (Says google) That link that I posted earlier is the driver download page for the IntelĀ® Desktop Board D865GBF. I'm not familiar with that MB, but it tells me that there is a network card built onto the motherboard. Are you trying to install a second network card? Or is the network port right on the main board?

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Good point, I assumed from the first message that he had a separate NIC.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice