Setting up new Samsung chromebook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jerry.omalley

There's a request for my password. Would that be my Gmail password? Will I need a separate account from the provider my wife uses for her desktop's internet connection? Will I need a separate modem? This stuff is all new to me, so these might be really basic issues most know about.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Post a screen shot of the request for password?

blues_harp28

In addition to above suggestion.
The Chromebook is linked to your Google account and you sign in with that username and password.
Once you have signed in - it will open to the desktop and should start to look for your Wi-Fi internet connection used by all in the household and you then log in by using the username and password of the internet provider.
And that is the same
provider my wife uses for her desktop's internet connection

Couriant

James
To echo what has been said, it will depend on what the password is being requested. If you are talking about for accessing a wireless connection in your home, it would be that password; you don't need another modem if you are in a home that already has wireless internet.

If you mean a google account that you are setting up on the chromebook, then you can use your own google account (for example, a G-Mail account is also your Google account) or you can create a new one, but more than likely you would want to use your own one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online