Solved Setting up RDP to Hyper V server

Trave1er

Currently setting up a Hyper V server, and I'm wanting to rdp into it I have all rdp options enabled on the server, but when I try to rdp from my windows 10 desktop i keeps saying i'm using the wrong credentials. I've done computername\username and password, and username and password. I do not have a pin for a password. I just don't see what else it could be.

Last edited:

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
when you say computername, is that your computer or the host that has the Hyper-V?

you would need to do <hyper-v server>\<user on same server>. Also I wouldn't recommend using the administrator on that server, create a new one instead.

Trave1er

When i say computername i'm referring to my Windows 10 desktop that has the hyper v manager, trying to connect to the hyper v server

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
James is correct. You have to use the Hyper V server's computer name not your Win10 desktop.

Trave1er

Thanks, I forgot that I needed to make a local administrator on the server. Once I did that I was able to connect. Still learning this stuff.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Even though we have years of experience, we are still learning everyday :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.