1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setting up server email account, can send but can't receive email?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by baileyom2011, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baileyom2011

baileyom2011 Thread Starter

Hi, firstly please bear with me as i'm new to this. I'm trying to setup the email on our virtual server through cpanal and using Thunderbird 3 (although i did try it with Outlook 2007 and the same results.)

Using the given Incoming and Outgoing mail server info given (mail.domain.co.uk) and the mail server username, I get a failed to find error (using both POP3 and IMAP). If I change that too the SSL settings for Incoming / Outgoing (serverusername.miniserver.com), it works and autofinds Connection Security as STARTTLS and finds the ports too. With this I can send emails fine, but I am not getting incoming emails, and I don't know enough about it too see what I'm doing incorrect, any help would be great, thanks.

I posted this on yahoo answers first, but the only response I got was "restart your outloook and try later." *facepalm* Glad to have found a place more dedicated to such problems. :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1022243

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice