1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

setting-up (smooth) auto-scrolling in browsers

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pcb, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcb

pcb Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me how to setup auto-scrolling (smooth and controllable,like it is in Opera7) in Crazy Browser, and in Internet Explorer6?

The auto-scrolling in IE is very jerky and uncontrollable (enabling smooth scolling seems to make absolutely no difference). Opera's auto-scrolling, on the other hand, is a comparative joy to use.

I presume I will have to edit some .ini file?
    Windows98se is my OS.

Many thanks for any info,

PcB

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

3. pcb

pcb Thread Starter

Gotrootdude,

Thanks for your help, but I'm afraid that you've misunderstood, or else I have not been clear.
    What I'm after is to set up a browser (in this case Crazy Browser, which has no auto-scrolling facility) with a (smooth) auto-scroller like Opera7 has.
    This is activated by clicking the mouse-wheel. This will produce an double arrow with a dot in between, and which allows you to scroll up or down, or sideways, using mouse movements.
    This facility is available in Internet Explorer (but it is crude in comparison with Opera's-and I would like to be able to improve this also) and many other text programs.

Cheers,

Pcb

4. yul

yul

if u have a scroll mouse that would help to some extent :)

5. pcb

pcb Thread Starter

Well, Yul,

Please, credit me with some intelligence..obviously I have - an Intellimouse Pro.

The function works in Opera and Internet Explorer, but not Crazy Browser. This uses the IE engine to render pages, so I don't know why auto-scrolling is not available.

There must be a way to set it up, probably by editing the existing "browser.ini" file.

However, I don't know what to put in there..does anybody?

Thanks,
    PcB.

6. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Oh, I didn't misunderstand. I have an intellimouse as well, but I though you must'ave meant something else, since autoscrolling works fine with my intellimouse. Did you install the intellipoint software that came with the mouse? Did you click the little mouse icon in your system tray and set up the features for the mouse?

7. pcb

pcb Thread Starter

gotrootdude,

Yes, of course I have set up the software correctly, and it works in Internet Explorer, but, as I said jerkily, and too sensitively, unlike in Opera.
    It does not work at all in Crazy Browser, which uses the IE "engine".

I would like to know if it is possible to get it to function in Crazy Browser, the programmers of which are not keen on being contacted.

There is possibly a way of editing the .ini file, but I haven't a clue what to do.

Pcb.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/123061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice