Setting up wireless printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

orra

Need help setting up my new wireless printer. The model is a Canon image CLASS MF217w. I am almost at the point of calling Geek Squad over to set up but I don't want to give up that easily. Please advise step by step.

dustyjay

Jay
It is my experience Canon Printers, is that setting the printer up Connected by USB to the computer works best, going through installation process will allow you to set up the wireless during installation after it installs the drivers. Also this would have to be done on each computer you wish to connect to the printer wirelessly.

orra

Printer is brand new and router is Apple Airport. If I install the disk on my desktop (Apple) do I then connect it to the router in order to print wireless from a few different devices (3 laptops, 2 iPads)?

dustyjay

Jay
I really can't offer advice about Apple Products. I have never owned one and have only ever tried an iPad a couple of times. Sorry

etaf

Wayne
Once the Printer is on the network and setup via the control panel on the printer and you have printed out the status report, you should have an IPv4 address
192.168.x.x

Now on Apple OS X - all you need to do s add the printer - it should have the driver if not you can get the driver for the printer and scanner from the canon site (Just the Mac basic driver)

The ios devices - will see the printer straight away as the printer is airprint

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts