Setting VGA in ME

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mbaybut2

I'm about to change my video card and I recall the instructions were to change the display over to VGA before switching out the card. I can't seem to find the route in ME. I have a AGP card at the moment. Does that stop ME from showing a standard VGA driver?
Mike

Bryan

Bryan
Having an AGP card doesn't enter into what they are telling to to do. Try this and you should be fine.

Right click on an empty spot on the desktop and select Properties. Now click on Settings>Advanced. Then click on Adapter>Change>Next. Now select "Display a List ...". Now Select "Show All Hardware". Now in the left pane select "Standard Types" and in the right pane select "Standard Display Adapter (VGA)". Follow the prompts.

mbaybut2

Brian,
When I gwet to the adapter change > I get the "update device driver wizard" not "Display a list.."
Mike

Bryan

Bryan
At that point click on "Next". Now select "Display a List ...". Now Select "Show All Hardware". Now in the left pane select "Standard Types" and in the right pane select "Standard Display Adapter (VGA)". Follow the prompts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online