Setting Wireless Computer To Computer Network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrpaddlepop

hey all

i want to create a wireless network on my laptop so i can connect my psp to it to use the internet

the reason why i want to do this is because i am staying in uni halls atm and currently using there internet connection

i kno how to connect a psp to a wireless network so i dont need instructions on how to do that but i want to know how to create a wireless network on the laptop and make it act like a wireless router

thanks

Aaron

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, the classic way would be to use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on the laptop.

mrpaddlepop

ahh ok how do u that

ohh yea forgot to tell u, my laptop is connected to the internet via network cable

so how do i get the wireless network to get the internet from the other network connection

thanks a lot for helping me guys, i dont kno f all about networking

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You configure the wireless adapter in Ad-Hoc mode, and then go to Control Panel, Network Connections. Right click on Local Area Connections and select Properties. You select the Advanced tab and you can enable ICS there. Here's anICS Tutorial that should get you going.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online