Setting zoom connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
If you have never used Zoom I would suggest you test your computer to see if works OK with Zoom.
  1. Download and install the Zoom client
  2. Test your computer using the Zoom Meeting Test
  3. After the meeting starts you can test your webcam, speaker and microphone
If have seen too many not do this and have problems when they try to connect to a Zoom meeting only to find out something is not working right.

For the United States:

Zoom Client for Meetings
https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting

Join Zoom Meeting Test
https://zoom.us/test

plodr

Liz
If you have an android smart phone or tablet, you don't need to create an account.
I simply downloaded the Zoom app. When I or my husband get a link for a Zoom meeting, I simply click the link and Zoom launches. (We have used it this way with 3 different associations we belong to that run meetings via Zoom).

If you have an android smart phone or tablet, you don't need to create an account.
I simply downloaded the Zoom app. When I or my husband get a link for a Zoom meeting, I simply click the link and Zoom launches. (We have used it this way with 3 different associations we belong to that run meetings via Zoom).
You don't need a Zoom account on a PC either. However, I find it useful with an account to create my own test meetings to practice using Zoom ahead of time. If you launch a meeting and Zoom is not installed you will be prompted to install it on a PC. On a PC it is best to install Zoom before the first meeting to avoid this delay. It is best to update Zoom a least every couple months because Zoom releases an update a least once a month.

You can use a phone or tablet to attend the type of Zoom meetings I attend but the experience is much better with a computer.

BTW, I have attended over 50 Zoom meetings and hosted about 12 zoom meetings.

plodr

Liz
You can use a phone or tablet to attend the type of Zoom meetings I attend but the experience is much better with a computer.
That depends on the age and specs of the computer. My tablet and phone are much newer than our two netbooks. The desktops are really old and lack a camera and a microphone.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online