settings disappear

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dstrand

Have a 700mhz celeron, 128MB ram, new clean install of Win me. The driver for the sound card is an INtel 82801AA AC97 SigmaTel codec and It will install via windows update, but as soon as the computer is rebooted it loses its driver. It also returns to never dial a connection for the modem, when I keep putting it as always dial my default connection. So each time the computer is rebooted, you must change this setting also.

im probobly way off ..... but would anyone think that the cmos battery have anything to do with that ....

dstrand

no irq prob(checked) and it is a new clean install of Windows ME. I think it must be downloading the driver from windows update and then it is not installing correctly, so that windows does not know where to look in the event of a reboot. Going to try udating the chipset drivers for it ( 4 in one miniport kinda thing) As for the slip of the modem settings-- no idea..

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
To set the AutoConnect value in the registry key to 1, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
Locate and select the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess\Profile\<ConnectionName>

In the right pane, double-click the AutoConnect value, and then reset the value from 0 to 1.

Not sure if that will help or not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online