settings for NVIDIA laptop nForce Networking Controller with Broadcom B/G Wi-Fi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

farstrider2001

i'm trying to use my hp vista laptop as a Wi-Fi bridge in between my XBox 360 & my Wi-Fi router & its lost connection alot these past 2 days so im wondering if there are certain settings i should have enabled for my laptop's NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Let's start with some information.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

farstrider2001

what i meant was that my 360 loses connection to the net & my laptop works fine no problems so i wanted to know if the default settings for the wired nic are optimised enough for me to use it for the 360

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I've never had to do anything to the Device Manager settings for this kind of issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online