Settings For User Accounts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sideshow_Bob

Hello,

On my pc I have installed Windows XP Professional. I have set up a couple of User accounts and am now interrested in knowing how to control specific things that CERTAIN, not ALL users can do. For example, if you go to
run>
gpedit.msc>
User configuration>
Administrative Templates>
Control Panel

There is an option that allows you to "prohibit access to the Control Panel". There are also several other neat options. If you prohibit access to the control panel, this is done for all User accounts on the computer. I would like to know how to apply it to say only one account.

Also, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone knew how to (again for only specific User accounts) make a user have to enter a password everytime they want to install a program or download something.

Thanks for any help provided.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts