1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

settings to big

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by megan1009, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. megan1009

megan1009 Thread Starter

the settings are set to big and I can not change them. When I go into the control panel and try to change the settings the screen is so big i can not get to the apply button to change it. This happen once before quite awhile ago and I can't remeber what I did to change it so I can get to the apply button. This problem is very flustrating because I can not use any programs, games or anything because the screen is to big and can't get to some of the commands. Thank you for you help.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi megan, welcome.

Can you boot to a dos prompt, type

scanreg /restore
    and hit enter

is there a date prior to the problem but not too far back?

I'm assuming you aren't running Windows ME.

3. ddriver

ddriver

Right click on an empty spot on your desktop and click properties on the menu.
    That should give you a smaller box to work with.It shows display items such as screensaver,etc.
    Try changing your screen resolution to possibly 800 x 600.
    Hope this helps.:O)

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

could also hit alt+spacebar.

select move...move the window up, down wherever until you can see the ok button and then hit enter. this will lock the window in the new position.

press ok on your changes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice