1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

settings

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ellee, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ellee

ellee Thread Starter

i recently formated my hard drive. I reinstalled windows98
    When it started my screen was not right. I adjusted it and its too big and wont go back to original size. Also i cannot change my settings or color.Only have 2colors or 16 colors .How can i change these things or is there a problem with my vga also have no sound. Had to format drive before and had no problems. Can anyone help me please. email me at [email protected]

2. brianF

brianF

sounds like you need to download and install drivers for your sound and video cards

3. Cowboy622

Cowboy622

To expand on Brian's answer, you need to install updated drivers for your video adapter. If you know what kind of video card you have, you can go to the manufacturer's website and down load the most current verson to install. If you have onboard video, then you'll need to install the VIA chipset drivers for your motherboard.
    If you are not sure what kind of video card you have, let us know and we may be able to direct you on how to find out.
    If you do know and have obtained the video driver but are unsure on how to update or install it, post back and we will be happy to talk you through it.
    The same holds true for your sound card drivers.

P.S., WELCOME TO TSG!!!!!

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Ellee:

Download and install any updated drivers for the video card/display adapter. You might also want to download and install the Microsoft DirectX 9.0b multimedia drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice