Setup a repeater

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smartcard

I too am in the same situation, I will greatly appreciate if some one can help me to fix this issue.

Saito said:
I'm having problems setting up a repeater in a corner of my home where the signal is a bit weak. This is my current setup

1. Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway WAG200G
2. Siemens Gigaset WLAN Repeater 108

Firmware all updated

Specific setup:
The linksys router is setup to connect to adsl, DHCP server set at 192.168.1.1 and IP addresses to give out from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.150
DNS and default gateway are left blank.
All clients that connect to the linksys router obtain an IP address within the above range and DNS as per the dsl connection
-SSID = linksys
-Channel = 11

I am not sure how to setup the siemens repeater. This is what I tried.
- SSID and Channel = linksys & 11 (same as the wireless router)
- Local network settings of the repeater:
IP address = obtain automatically

that didn't work, connecting to the repeater gives me limited connectivity error. I tried manually configuring the client pc connecting to the repeater to an IP address from within the network range, but that didn't work either (can't connect to repeater nor internet)

Then I tried manually configuring the network address of the repeater. I gave it an IP of 192.168.1.134. Tried to connect to repeater with automatic and then with manual IP, both didn't work.

So I figured im doing something wrong. Please help :)

Note: i don't have any security settings enabled.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

TerryNet

Terry
OK, John, now I understand how that 10 month old (Saito) thread came to your attention! :)

smartcard, obviously the information already asked for is the most important, but you might also mention what you found when looking at whatever I had posted in that old thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online