1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setup.exe won't load

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Thom Yorke, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Thom Yorke

Thom Yorke Thread Starter

hi guys

I've been trying to install a program , but the setup.exe wont load, when i double click on it, it starts to read it, then it simply stops and does nothing.

I've tried to run the setup from the cd, then copied the entire folder to my computer, and ran the set up again, but it did the same thing, the folder is not compressed or anything. Could it be my antivirus preventing from opening the setup? its the first time that it has happened.

Any info on this would be highly appreciated.

thanks!

2. lazybear

lazybear

It could be possible that your anti-virus is blocking exe's from working. Is it just the one, or have you tried installing something else and been blocked? You could try right clicking on the exe and selecting the option to run as administrator. See if that does anything.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It could be infected, defective, incompatible, corrupt, etc. It might be a security setting, permissions issue, conflict with another app, etc. There could be hundreds of reasons. There's not enough info to determine the cause of the problem or even point in a general direction.

You haven't provided any details about your system, the program, the exact problem or anything.

4. Thom Yorke

I have tried installing different programs and they run just fine, and I have seen the same program (from the same cd) being installed on other computers, but for some reason it does not seem to be running here. I have an HP Pavillion running on Windows Vista Home Premium, and also I have Norton antivirus 2009 running. Everything else seems to be running fine, but the one .exe is not loading. but it has loaded and worked fine on other computers.

5. Thom Yorke

and yes I have also tried running it as an administrator, but it does nothing.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You haven't mentioned which program that you're having difficulty installing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. Thom Yorke

it is adobe illustrator.

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you have a volume license for Adobe Illustrator, you must also have some type of support directly from Adobe.

If you don't have a volume license, you can't have installed it on more than one computer.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice