Setup fails for any game in my gaming laptop!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vikashraam

I bought this gaming laptop this year in feb, and i have played a fair amount of games in it(6-8 games), but after a short break of not playing, whenever i try to install a new game i bought, the setup keeps failing stating isdone.dll error , unarc.dll error code 12, and for every different game i try to install, a different or same error code appears. and i have scavenged every bit of the internet for solutions and i tried it, right from increasing virtual memory to resetting and reinstalling windows totally, still my problem is not solved , kindly help..
this is laptop specs :
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20201124200735.000000+330
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (178 GB Free); D: 931 GB (718 GB Free);
Motherboard: CFL Citigo_CFS, ver V1.05, s/n NBQ591100393040F093400
System: Insyde Corp., ver ACRSYS - 2, s/n NHQ5FSI00A9300B5283400
Antivirus: Norton Security Ultra, Enabled

Vikashraam

i bought this one this year only and I DEFINITELY can't afford to buy a new one, so...i need help which doesnt end in me buying a new laptop..:cry:

When you run game installer, open task manager and see how much memory is consumed.

Are you installing original games?
If not file verification may fail and there is no solution for this.

EDIT:
It appears these dll's are part of an archiver and from what I know game companies don't use archivers to redistribute their games.
You can purchase those games or contact developers on steam.

Last edited:

Vikashraam

When you run game installer, open task manager and see how much memory is consumed.

Are you installing original games?
If not file verification may fail and there is no solution for this.

EDIT:
It appears these dll's are part of an archiver and from what I know game companies don't use archivers to redistribute their games.
You can purchase those games or contact developers on steam.
I bought these games
From a seller and it was stated that it was original games , as I don't know much about pc, I also didn't enquire much...

Vikashraam

can you name these games?
i bought assassin creed odyssey, didnt work, far cry 3 still didnt , then to check atleast if this works, i bought gta san andreas all which stops at setup...the seller isnt helping me either...and about memory as far as i reseached, only standard amount is being used, out of 8 gb , 2.9 gb is used, while about 3.9 remains....and how do you differentiate between original games and redistributed ones ?

how do you differentiate between original games and redistributed ones ?
There are 2 methods to verify game:
1. right click installer executable -> properties -> digital signatures -> click on signature -> details -> view certificate -> certification path

You can take a full screenshot of certification path AND properties -> digital signatures dialog for one game, and post it here, it's probably the only way for us to verify we're not helping with pirated software:

2. Verify site used to download game, for example GTA SA is bought here:
Rockstar Games: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

maybe you took a look at wrong file, can you take a screenshot of installer directory containing game files please?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online