1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

setup manager

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by perseous, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. perseous

perseous Thread Starter

I am running Winn2000 PRO at school and we are suppossed to use the setup manager to do an unattend install from the computer in the room. Every time we try to though it pops up with a blue screen and says that an internal setup error has occured could not find a place for a swap file, and that settup can not continue. We are doing this with a clean hard drive and NTFS on the sever. We have allocated 2GB of hard drive space to the OS install. Please help even the teacher has no idea what is wrong.

2. Dan O

Dan O

Is the problem starting Setup Manager or running the installation script Setup Manager created? If you are having problem installing an application please post the installing script to review.

3. perseous

perseous Thread Starter

The problem is running the script. It just tells us that there is an internal setup error when trying to run winnt from the remote terminal.

4. Dan O

Dan O

I would like to help but I need more information.

You did not post the script so we could check it for syntax errors. Can you?

Also can you post the complete exact error mesage?

5. perseous

perseous Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. I found out what it was. It was the switches. That was the problem. It was winnt/s(source)colon space /Uand then the name of the file

6. Dan O

Dan O

Cool, thanks for sharing the good news.

I thought you were asking about installing an application remotely not an Unattended Installation of Windows 2000, my mistake.

Have a great weekend.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice