1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setup Regional and Language options in XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wsssy, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wsssy

wsssy Thread Starter

Into ...
    > Control Panel
    > Regional and Language Options ... set to English ( UK) ... location is UK
    > click on TAB: Languages ... there is a [DETAILS] button inside 'Text Services and Input Languages' area.

When I click on [DETAILS] button I get the following message ...'Incompatible Keyboard Driver Detected . This dialog has been disabled' so I cannot perform an ADD. What's also interesting is that I have no 'language bar' either.

If I want to get back the 'language bar' as well as set up my keyboard as UK and not US eg , [shift +3] reads '#' and not '£' then I need to get past this problem.

I don't really want to reinstall XP as my original XP disk is SP1 and my PC is already updated to SP2 , any other pointers much appreciated.

2. Scorpion

Scorpion

Ok, so I have to ask...what K/B driver is installed? Do you have a special type of KB, or one with lots of additional buttons?

Scorp.

3. wsssy

wsssy Thread Starter

It's a Logitech Cordless LX501 which I have disabled, reinstalled etc. Looking at System Info' , file is kbdclass.sys. Looking at keyboard properties refers to i8042prt.sys.

I did try removing the keyboard files, disconnecting the keyboard, reboot and let PC find Hardware and install files from CD.... no luck :-(

Rather that lose track of what I'm am trying to do... I need to know how to make 'active' the [DETAILS] button so that I can ADD and reinstate my 'language bar' (as I'm convinced it will make my keyboard work correctly) ... if it means reinstalling XP because some files are corrupted, so be it but any other better suggestions appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/530597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice