Setup:System Error &H800706B5 - The interface is unkown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smurf-daddy

This just started happening - I have kids that download "everything" so some vermin may have crawled into the system... Mcafee is there watching but you never know

Upon boot this error message window comes up:
Setup
System error &H8007065B5 (-2147023179)
The interface is unknown

Then a few seconds later it is followed by 2 of the following error windows:
HP AiO Device Object Server
RegisterClassObjects failed. hRes=0x80076B5
Interface unknown
Max Retry attempts exceeded.

The system comes up 1/2 way.
Things that work:
opening some applications word / excel
Things that don't work
mcafee
no startup bar
no printer
no internet connection (wireless cable access)

Another note:
I have tried the restore rebuild of Windows XP - tries it twice. Both times when the system booted during the install I was able to use the system, including the internet. BUT, the screen resolustion was 8bit low res 800x600 with no wayt to change it.
Upon a reboot the system reverts to the error messages mentioned above.

Frustrated smurf-daddy

Help if you can.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online