1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Setup W2K Doesn't detect Hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jdmxek4, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdmxek4

jdmxek4 Thread Starter

I am running a Intel D845BG mobo and have a 6.5gb hd connected to IDE0. I launch my machine and I can see the harddrive in bios as well as my other devices. When I start Windows 2000 setup, it says that it can't find boot partition to check signature. It gets to the initial setup and gives me 3 choices. to repair, setup, or exit. I choose install fresh copy. Then I get the error message, "Setup cannot find any hard disks installed on your computer" Press F3 to restart.

I have tried all jumper combinations on the hard drive, I know the hard drive is good but can't get Windows 2K setup to recognize it. Please Help.. I have tried everything.

Thank you in advance.

2. rockinmale

rockinmale

Have you tried using a different ide cable?
    Also have you tried a bios flash?

3. jdmxek4

jdmxek4 Thread Starter

yes I have tried changing IDE cables and flashed bios.

4. rockinmale

rockinmale

Did you try loading win2k from a bootdisk and leaving your hd as the first boot device?
    Need a bootdisk....
    www.bootdisk.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/131245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice