Setupdd.sys: Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rocka

My old sata hard-drive recently stopped working in a Dell laptop. It would constantly just keep restarting no matter what option i chose (i.e last known configuration, safe mode etc)

I have a spare computer with a 10gb hardrive but you cant do much with that so replaced the 10gb hardrive with the dell hardrive, the plan was to completely reinstall windows using the dell hardrive.

I connected the hardrive to the computer and changed the BIOS to run from cd (mesh computer recovery cd). After a couple of minutes of the Windows Setup screen the following message appeared:

Windows XP Home Edition Setup

the following list shows the existing partitions and unpartitioned space on this computer.

Select an item in the listen
1. to set up windows xp press enter
2. to create a paritition in the unpartitioned space, press c
3. to delete selected partitition press D.

The box below showed that there are all 'unknown disks'

I pressed enter to set up windows xp and the blue screen came up with the following error:

Setupdd.sys: Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

Does anyone know any solutions to this?

cheers guys and sorry for the long message :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online