1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Several Networking Issues - need help!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by r1kkster, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r1kkster

r1kkster Thread Starter

Hi there all,

Can someone help me out, I currently own a Dell XPS M1330

Specs: core2duo 2.4Ghz 4Gb ram, Intel wifi 4965 Windowsn Vista Home Premium 32bit

Since I had the laptop (since last week from new) the Wifi worked fine and so did the ethernet connection. On Saturday I installed a DELL mobile broadband 5520 mini card and installed the drivers from Dells website.

Problem 1: When i connect to the broadband service the system shows as conneceted but i am not able to access anything on the internet. I have have tried various sim card T-Mobile, 3, Vodafone but with no luck.

Problem 2: The following day I tried to use the internet using my Wifi connection, the connection ran good for about 15 mins then started disconnecting and was left with a limited connection and warning triangle in my taskbar.

Problem 3: I now get the same issue with the ethernet connection.

Problem 4: I have removed the drivers for the mobile broadband card and all seemed fine then about half an hour late I get teh same issue as above for both the wifi and ehternet connection.

Also every now and then I see a pop up message appearing saying that I am connected to an unidentified network.

Can someone help me out please

Many thanks in advance

Rikki

2. attman

attman

Can you not system restore tobefore you installed the card?

3. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

This may be a stupid question but.....did you start a mobile broadband service plan with your cellular carrier?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755059

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice