1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Several problems in my computer! Running Windows Vista. Please help. Described inside

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by safeer89, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. safeer89

safeer89 Thread Starter

Hi. This Saturday my computer picked up a virus. It was an "antimalware program" that kept popping up and telling me to purchase the program. It was a virus and wasn't an antivirus at all. My computer became irresponsive and I got a lot of blue screens. I finally used Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware to remove the virus. That was successfully done.

Then I noticed that even after the infection was gone, my computer still was slow. It kept crashing, windows explorer stops responding all the time, the aero theme of windows vista crashes and it changes to classic. Windows Explorer crashes and I go into task manager to restart it but it does not restart. I have the Windows Vista CD and successfully completed system restore but the problem still continues. I dont have the original recovery CDs that came with my Toshiba Satellite A200 laptop (which is this computer I'm having problems with). Sometimes error messages such as "The service cannot accept control messages at this time" and A LOT others pop up. There is this RunDLL error that pops up every time I log on. I have tried everything to fix this, and to completely reinstall Windows would be my last resort but I dont want to do it. EVERYTHING was fine before I got this virus. This is my first post on this site and I don't know what other info to provide, but please, can someone help me?

I this post in this site about the "The service cannot accept control messages at this time" error and the helper actually solved the problem. I was going to follow the steps he had given the person with the problem but I figured mine might be different. The thread is here: http://forums.techguy.org/virus-oth...5-service-cannot-accept-control-messages.html
    I will post other error messages that come up later as I have not noted what they say. I will provide other info if asked but please, someone help me.
    Specs: 120 GIG Harddrive, 2GIG RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit, Toshiba Satellite A200 FT208C model. 1.66 GHZ processor.
    THANKS!

2. nepolean77

nepolean77

so many antivirus con jobs out there and they are annoying as many slip through the anti virus programmes the one Ihad I searched the internet for that maleware removal tool and found it as often others with the skill have been caught out and set up a fix I will never respond to antivirus ads again

3. gfne

gfne

Unfortunately, when it comes to new undetectable virus remnants, I need hands be hands on with the computer.

I can give you another option. If you are willing to test another operating system without wiping this one clean, I can guarantee 90% that you will never get a virus. The option, which you can google is called, Ubuntu. You can download it (ISO file,) burn it and test it without installing to the hard drive until you say so.

No viruses (90% of the time) and no slow downs due to malware.

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

To safeer89,
    Something tells me it is Best to wait for someone from this Forum that is qualified to walk you through this possible Malware/Virus process.

Just one quick question to help speed up the process: What are you using as an Anti Virus and/or Security software?

Best of luck
    Ray

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice