1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Several programs stopped working.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by feenux, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feenux

feenux Thread Starter

Hi,

Recently I've bought a new Mainboard for my computer, because my old one was messed up. (one memory slot was broken, and 3/4 SATA connections was broken.)
    Because of this, I had to install Vista again. Not so hard to do, backed it up already, so no trouble.

Now, running the fresh installed Vista, I've ran into some troubles.
    1. Every single game I try to play, crashes after a while, (sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes after half an hour). It is giving the message: for example: Crysis.exe stopped working.
    2. My internet explorer often gets the same message. Most of the times after 15 minutes, but sometimes it runs a lot longer.
    3. Some other files stop working too, some .dll's which I can't remember the name of ( I believe one is called Desktop Manager or something like that.)

(quick search in the log files: All Application Errors came up with different .dll files)

You'll understand, that this is really annoying, since it is a fresh install of Vista, so you wouldn't expect any trouble.

Can anyone help me please?

gr
    feenux

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

Heh heh, I would expect plenty of trouble from a fresh install of Vista actually, since it shipped with so many bugs. Have you tried installing the service pack (SP1) for Vista?

3. feenux

feenux Thread Starter

Yeah, i did. But on my previous version of Vista, I didn't, and everything was fine back then.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice