1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Several Questions About ADSL2+ Line

Discussion in 'Networking' started by 4del, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4del

4del Thread Starter

Hello!
    I'm a guy living in a small town in Egypt. Currently using copper cable ADSL2+ lines. Fiber not available in my town if you're wondering (or maybe there is, it's just that I don't need it)
    I was fiddling around in my router settings, recently learned about ADSL types while doing so and saw that I have the option to run Annex A, I, L and M, with my line only supporting A and M. A quick google search shows that M is the best option for having higher upload speeds which is the case when tested, but seemingly performs less in the download area, having less SNR, worse attenuation and 3 Mbps less max rate. Is there a reason behind this? Also, I've been having downgraded download speeds from the ISP to which they replied that it has to do with my cable integrity which I've done my best to keep it in check. And I've been getting CRC errors since I've installed this cable. Possibly EMF interference because it's pretty close to main power lines but I've kept them perpendicular. Keep in mind I have both downloading and gaming in my interest.

Many thanks, Adel.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!