1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Several random problems?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by waldo49, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. waldo49

waldo49 Thread Starter

I have been having trouble lately with my computer. It reboots on it's own at completely random times for absolutely no reason. I did change the automatic restart feature so I could get a blue screen report log of the problem, which I wrote down if that helps. It freezes sometimes (not as frequently), and it started failing to boot up at times. It just beeps about once every second and never boots up. It started doing this a while back before I changed my DVD burner, but seemed to get worse after I installed the new one. So I then removed the new burner and it hasn't done it again yet. I haven't tried reinstalling the new burner yet to see if the problem starts up again. Although, as I stated, it happened before this new burner install. As you probably guessed, I was having trouble with my old DVD burner too (hence the new burner) which was only a few months old at the time. So I did a destructive recovery and reinstalled everything on the computer. Can anyone help?

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    You did a destructive recovery? How?

3. waldo49

waldo49 Thread Starter

It's part of my HP system. I can get into it through my program list or by hitting F8 (or Fsomething?) during start up.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

It could be a bad cable to the dvd drive or a bad drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice