1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Severe memory leak...Comp wont boot

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by biggrobbstud, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggrobbstud

biggrobbstud Thread Starter

ok fans now it wont even start. i dont know if it dont have enough memory or what but when i turn it on it acts like i shut it off without shutting it down. no matter what i choose (safe mode...) it get halfway to opening then restarts. i chose it to start on last good config and nothin. i dont know if yall can help me on this one but i got faith in yall. somehow this seems worse than my other problems. PLEASE HELP...AGAIN

just to recap. i had a problem where my windows couldnt find any of my programs when i tried to open them.mobo and tidus helped me fix this. afterward i installed a personal firewall and tried to fix the 010 problem on my hijack with LSPfix.didnt work. soon after that,my comp was low on memory. it chewed up 2gigs in less than 5 minutes.it also chewed up memory faster than i could erase stuff. couldnt do a restore because of low memory. hope yall can help.

2. biggrobbstud

biggrobbstud Thread Starter

heres something interesting i saw before the boot problem.some of my files in windows are opening with other programs. this is most likely due to me opening files with other progrms so i could run them. how do i get these files back to running on whatever was running them in the first place

some things i was thinkin bout were booting from xp upgrade disc but i dont know what to do when i get inside. i have the service pack2 upgrade disc. does that have al the same stuff on it or just the service pack 2 upgrde. i also have the xp upgrade $100 . if anybody has been through this before please help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice