Severe, Sudden lag spikes when playing games

Xbaconl

Severe, sudden lag spikes that make game unplayable across all games played. Spikes occurr randomly every few minutes and last roughly 20 seconds each before running smoothy again. Regardless of needed specs, the issue occurs universally. Currently tried to play Half Life 2 (2004) and the issue is just as promient on other games such as Dark Souls 3. Curiously, I recently discovered the issue is temporaily fixed by plugging or unplugging my computer, however constantly having to do this every few minutes to fix the lag becomes irriating very quickly and I am currently trying to find a long term solution.

My information:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20201229215654.000000-360
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 126 Stepping 5, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce MX330
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (180 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 868F, ver 65.13, s/n PJRYQ00WBEK01H
System: AMI, ver HPQOEM - 1072009, s/n 5CG0509W9K
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Xbaconl

I just did this last night and booted up a game this morning to test, and unfortunately it did not fix the problem.

I think your gpu is too weak to play a graphic intensive game like half life,
maybe your , both the games are demanding and they need better gpu.
So i think upgrading the gpu might help u get stable Fps and a smooth gaming experience

And to be honest what the developers tell about the minimum requirements to be able to play a game
is just absurd, maybe the minimum requirements just lets u just run the game but the smooth experience
of the game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online