SFC needs WinXP SP1...don't have it!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nigelum

I've recently been having problems with my Windows XP Pro OS and I'm using the system file check (SFC), with my OS CD handy. When the program requests the CD, I do my thing and after a bit, I get an error message that it's the wrong CD...I need the Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1 CD. I'm working with the manufactures product that came out before the service pack.

Any tips, other than buying the latest version of the OS.

Is the CD you have the full XP CD? If so, you can download SP1 or SP1a and "slipstream" it into your present CD to create an XP CD that has SP1(a) already incorporated into the installation. This has the added advantages that there are no backup files stored on your system (they are then on the CD) and a repair installation will already have SP1(a) included.
Create A Bootable Windows XP Installation CD Slipstreamed with SP1
Creating a bootable Windows XP SP1 CD
How to Slipstream an XP SP1 CD

I done the same as Elvandil suggested some time ago with SP 1 and also SP2 which I am beta testing

That's good. I swear that there was a KB article about this, but I sure can't find it now. There may have been an easier solution for the short term, but in the long run, you are far better off having the SP1 installation CD made up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online