1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sfc /scannow results?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by alray, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alray

alray Thread Starter

My wife was doing email and got the Blue Screen of Death. She had powered down before I got a chance to see the message.
    I ran sfc/ scannow with the XP MCE SPF2 CD in the CD drive.
    The scan completed. When I loooked at the Event Logs this is what I found.
    Are any of these a serious problem?

The system file c:\windows\ehome\snchk.exe could not be copied into the DLL cache. The specific error code is 0x00000000 [The operation completed successfully.]. This file is necessary to maintain system stability.

The protected system file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\gacutil.exe could not be restored to its original, valid version. The file version of the bad file is 1.0.3705.0 The specific error code is 0x00000000 [The operation completed successfully.].

The system file c:\windows\ehome\ehituner.dll could not be copied into the DLL cache. The specific error code is 0x00000000 [The operation completed successfully.]. This file is necessary to maintain system stability.

Description:
    The system file c:\windows\ehome\ehiepg.dll could not be copied into the DLL cache. The specific error code is 0x00000000 [The operation completed successfully.]. This file is necessary to maintain system stability.

The system file c:\windows\ehome\ehcircl.dll could not be copied into the DLL cache. The specific error code is 0x00000000 [The operation completed successfully.]. This file is necessary to maintain system stability.

The protected system file c:\windows\system32\icmp.dll could not be restored to its original, valid version. The file version of the bad file is 5.0.1545.1 The specific error code is 0x800b0100 [No signature was present in the subject.].

Windows File Protection scan found that the system file c:\windows\system32\icmp.dll has a bad signature. This file was restored to the original version to maintain system stability. The file version of the system file is 5.0.1545.1.

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Have you tried doing a system restore to a date before this happened?

3. bbearren

bbearren

Is your CD clean? Some really screwy things can happen with a smudged CD.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice