1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

shakacon

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shakacon, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakacon

shakacon Thread Starter

i have a gateway nu78 laptop. my young nephew set up a user account for himself with a password, he came over a month later and switched users to his name but could not remember his password. he tried over and over again but the password failed. He had unplugged the computer and was running it on the battery in time forgetting all about it. the battery was drained. i plugged it back in and the screen showed his user name and asked for the password. i tried to switch user to my account that would enable me to use my password and get back into my computer. it will not allow me to switch users it just keeps asking for his password and denies access. why wount it let me switch users to my account and what can i do? i have been locked out of my own computer for two weeks. please help me.PLEASE.it has windows 7.
    thank you so much.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Did you have an administrative account, or do you know the Administrator's password?

On the logon screen, try Ctrl+Alt+Del twice. If you get a login box, put in your name or Administrator and log in. Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel and remove his password, or change it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice