1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shall we BAN those that are spamming the board with useless Polls???

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by SexyTech, Oct 17, 2003.

?

Shall we BAN those that are spamming the board with useless Polls???

1. YES

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. NO

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
Advertisement
  1. SexyTech

SexyTech Thread Starter

Well...this is getting to the point of a few people actually spamming with polls.

Most of the people here, when they do post a poll, do so to ilicit valid opinions and it relates to some relavant topic. Lately there are polls to get rid of the post count, get rid of the Tech post percentage, and I can only ask what's next...a Poll to close down TSG?

I say that those that post polls without a purpose should be "locked down."

Ideas? imput?

and before someone makes a Smart @$$ comment about this poll, THINK! I'm doing this for a specific reason, in that something needs to be done in regards to the mis-use of the system.

2. XbrvhrtX

XbrvhrtX

I hope You dont include my poll sexytech :D

For this is the reason I started mine.

3. SexyTech

SexyTech Thread Starter

SOrry...I was getting tired of the spamming polls and didn't see yours until after I made this one!

4. XbrvhrtX

XbrvhrtX

No probs, But I did vote :D

5. HexStar

HexStar Guest

Yes, but I don't see why you guys see my polls as spam and useless/meaningless.

6. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

OMG... Hex! Go read Daveys posts.

7. SexyTech

SexyTech Thread Starter

Hex, you really should get the hint that the Moderators and other people are trying to give you...

Basically...MELLOW OUT DUDE!

8. HexStar

HexStar Guest

I'll try, school can be really stressful:(

9. AlbertB

AlbertB

How about automatically including a category in every poll posted something like "this poll is not relevant and should be removed by the moderators"? If the number of votes for that option exceeds a certain level then remove it.

10. SexyTech

SexyTech Thread Starter

I know about stress...

1. I'm a Single Dad...
    2. I Work Full Time...
    3. I attend College...

Yeah, I know about stress!

Sometimes ya just gotta think before ya say or do anything!

You CAN melow and be acceoted...just remember to THINK!

OK?

Peace!

11. RandyG

RandyG

I like that idea Albert!!(y)

It could be abused if we had a clique who didn't like some polls and decided to close them down. or didn't like a certain poster, and decided to close them down.

Personally . . . I don't remember if I ever used a poll other than as a goof, and that only once. I don't see the relevance in them, except where Mike is trying to get some idea on what people think.

Again, personally . . .I don't see the need for any member to be able to start a poll. It should only be available to Mods or Admins for Board related items. But since it is available to everyone, why would you be irritated that it is being used?? I think it more likely that you are just plain ol' irritated at Hex . . .

And lastly, but again personaly speaking . . . i think it very unfair to have everyone gang up on one person. Hex has been annoying in that he doesn't learn his lessons fast enough to suit me, but that just means I'm annoyed. I reply to his thread that annoys me, but sure as heck don't create additional threads to beat him to detah with. You don't like his posts . . . don't read them. I got into that habit during his last posting frenzy a few months back.

Chattan was annoying in his incarnations, but as soon as I realised that a particular person isn't worth my efort, or is posting for the sheer sake of antagonising others, I calmly click the Report button, and go my way. I ignore the rest of the threads by them.

Maybe y'all need to do the same??

12. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru

Personally, though I haven't been here as long as Hex, I've had very much the same experience he is having over at another forum. I've been banned from there three times so far, but someone keeps letting me back on, even though the bans were supposed to be permanent. All I can say is someone must like me? :confused: But really, I am an annoying person, I always annoy my classmates no matter how hard I try (except on group assignments, cuz then they like me cuz I give them answers :rolleyes: ). It's not because I want to be but (so I'm told by some pretty smart people) because I simply think too fast for my own good (ADD) and even when medicated, my brain compared to everyone else's is like an overclocked CPU to a regular one. I'm extremely intelligent, some have even said I border on genius, and could be with proper schooling, but I'm well, um rather eccentric, and don't always think as long as I should before pushing that danged "Submit" button. :(

The result is I sometimes inadvertently offend people, yet I really do try to be good. Honestly, if you look at past geniuses, almost all were eccentric, and had symptoms of what would today be called ADD or ADHD. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Therefore I'm just gonna say, though he may learn tediously slow just keep working with Hex, and I think he might turn out right good, ya know what I'm saying? :)

13. oldie

oldie

Before posting a poll - one should get the OK from a Mod - QED

14. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

hex you are a good teen, you remind me of me and my friends 7-10 years ago. just lay low, post a few answers in the tech forums. you will then drop off of candys radar and all will be cool :cool:

15. HexStar

HexStar Guest

OK:) I totally agree with irox51987

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice