1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Share a PC with a box to allow others to control.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tbryanman, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbryanman

tbryanman Thread Starter

I heard about a device you can buy that will allow you to take a PC and have up to six other users simultaneuosly share that PC by allow you your own monitor, keyboard and mouse. You are actually using the same applications on the one PC at the same time with the others.

I need this for my MAC to share with another MAC. I have applications with single user license and I do not want to buy for the other MAC.

Please help me search for this type device.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I would think that for Network usage, you would have to have the appropriate license for most software. Maybe it is different for most Mac software though. What it sounds like you are talking about is a KVM switch. But that would allow you to use either of two or more sets of Keyboard Video and mouse with one computer or possibly one set of Keyboard Video and Mouse with more than one computer. Such as these http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=143. Or is it possible to Network the Macs and share programs similar to a Windows XP computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!