1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Share a wifi connection through a laptop to a router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by niner_9t, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niner_9t

niner_9t Thread Starter

I know this sounds like a crazy question but i travel a lot and i like to play my PS3. When i go to a new hotel some have a open internet connection and others don't. I want to connect my laptop to the wifi and share it to a separate router with a WPA2-PSK so that i have a more secure connection on the play station. Now first is this even possible to do? I use to beable to share my internet connection from my phone through my laptop to my ps3. Now when i try to do that just with the wifi in the hotels it doesnt have a high enough security setting. any information will help.
    Thanks a lot!!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Maybe, but some information could help more than others. What/who says not "a high enough security setting"? What OS are you using? Trying to bridge the connections or use ICS?

3. Paata01

Paata01

without adding additional hardware to laptop it's impossible to receive and send signal from your laptop, I was using this program below, But in order to use that I guess you should be connected to internet with CABLE.

http://www.connectify.me/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1070882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice