Share data between applications

Robyf1

Roberto
Hello,

is there a way to share data between different applications without using files?

TerryNet

Terry
Probably if both applications are in memory and running at the same time, but maybe you should focus the question more--maybe the operating system and what kind of data and timing, etc.

NaThOP

Ivan
Hello,

is there a way to share data between different applications without using files?
A little bit more info would be preferred, but I guess here are some generic answers:

I guess you could use SQL databases, but don't quote me on that as I have only done limited MySQL in my life.
Also you can only use SQL for variables, nothing too large and most advise against storing actual files.

For actual files, FTP servers?

Everything is a file somewhere, in some form. The answer to this question varies on what you consider a file.

I hope I helped,

sorry if I didn't,

Ivan Patarčić

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online