1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Share drives

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jseigfreid, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jseigfreid

jseigfreid Thread Starter

I installed Win2000 over Win98 on the computer I use to store files. I tried to access the drives from another computer and was informed the sharing had changed, WIN2000 said it would do so during the install. So, I right click the drive and select sharing and nothing happens, no dialog box, no message, nothing. I select properties, same thing. Other selections work. I try help and do the various things it says to do, right click network, and still no sharing or properties. I am logged on as myself and then as administrator and still no good. HELP!!!!!:confused:

2. SemmySweet

SemmySweet

So if I'm understanding correctly, you do have the option when you right click to select sharing? I'm not as boned up on 2k as I am in XP, but you could try Help and type in sharing.

3. jseigfreid

Sharing is on the drop down menu but nothing happens when I select it and it is not "greyed out" it appears to be active, same with properties.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

First off, do you have file sharing loaded in your network configuration?

5. jseigfreid

Yes, I do. I reloaded Win2000 and now everything works. Thanks to all.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117036

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice