Share drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jseigfreid

I installed Win2000 over Win98 on the computer I use to store files. I tried to access the drives from another computer and was informed the sharing had changed, WIN2000 said it would do so during the install. So, I right click the drive and select sharing and nothing happens, no dialog box, no message, nothing. I select properties, same thing. Other selections work. I try help and do the various things it says to do, right click network, and still no sharing or properties. I am logged on as myself and then as administrator and still no good. HELP!!!!!:confused:

So if I'm understanding correctly, you do have the option when you right click to select sharing? I'm not as boned up on 2k as I am in XP, but you could try Help and type in sharing.

jseigfreid

Originally posted by SemmySweet:
So if I'm understanding correctly, you do have the option when you right click to select sharing? I'm not as boned up on 2k as I am in XP, but you could try Help and type in sharing.
Sharing is on the drop down menu but nothing happens when I select it and it is not "greyed out" it appears to be active, same with properties.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
First off, do you have file sharing loaded in your network configuration?

jseigfreid

Originally posted by johnwill:
First off, do you have file sharing loaded in your network configuration?
Yes, I do. I reloaded Win2000 and now everything works. Thanks to all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts