Shared and "user's douments" folder in My Computer window have disappeared...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sav_dude

Hello,

My problem is that, the Shared folder and "User's documents" folder in My Computer window, in XP Pro are not visible. I think it s possible that the registry keys are missing.

Any solution/advice?

Thanks....

Hmmm .... Try This

Start > Run > Regedit > Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software / Microsoft / Windows / Current Version / Explorer / DocFolderPaths

Once you click the "DocFolderPaths" Key You should see all the user's folders at the Right Pane ....

Now Right Click on the Right Pane > New String Value

Value Name: Your User Name
Value Data: Path To Your "Docs Folder" ( ex. C:\Documents and Settings\DEVIL\My Documents )

Exit Registry Editor And Restart Your Computer

sav_dude

Nothing came... Icon/s still not there...

Just for the info there are 3 string values in the right pane.

default, administrator, user and the string built above pointing to "My documents"

Maybe there are supposed to be more...

Ideas???

Edit: Sorry, 4 string values above.

Delete the Reg key You made after Post #2

How many "User Accounts" Do You Have.. Is the Problem Existing on all the user Accounts .. Even With the Administrator

sav_dude

Sorry for the delay...

Just a bit busy. Ill check it out in around 2 days and ill get back to you.

Appreciate it. Thanks...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online