shared folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rboule

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 6
RAM: 8191 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6570, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1417378 MB, Free - 1336379 MB; D: Total - 13317 MB, Free - 1637 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

I have a desktop and a laptop computer. They are hookup in a home network with my desktop acting as server. Each computer has a shared folder which contains the files that I want to be able to access from either computer. On my desk top I can access my shared folder just fine, but my lap top I get an error message stating shared folder is misspelled. I check and it is spelled correctly. I ran the diagnose that came with the message with no results. Please help and thank you in advance.

I have the same experience before, turned out the file name of the folder that I'm sharing is too long which is causing the error.

Have you tried renaming the shared folder?

Hope this helps.

rboule

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 6
RAM: 8191 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6570, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1417378 MB, Free - 1341378 MB; D: Total - 13317 MB, Free - 1637 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

I looked at the details of the errorge message and it gave me an error message number. 0x80070035. Hope this helps.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi rboule

I merged your post to your original thread.
Please do not create duplicate posts.
Continue replies for this issue in this thread.

Thank you!

It is possible to share a folder with a different name than what you see on the local computer. I'd double-check that first.

Right-click on the folder > Properties > Sharing (tab) > Advanced sharing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online