1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shared LAN problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by makaveli024, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makaveli024

makaveli024 Thread Starter

Hi forum.

iv been dealing with this problem for a quite some time now.as im a student im living in a dorm with other like 10 students and all of us have seperate room.the connection is shared LAN and speed in my room is like 3.5-4 mbps.at first everything was OK.i was able to download load videos from youtube,and files,music,etc. from megaupload,rapidshare and w/e site.
    but later when internet shut down for a day because owner needed to pay the bills everything went south.after that i couldnt download large files because the connection suddenly stops,i cant watch youtube videos in peace because every now and then i needed to skip a few seconds of the vid for it to start loading again.im using firefox and offcourse after that happened i tried IE and chrome but nothign changed.i updated my drivers and all but nothing again.
    also the yellow triangle started appearing and i sometimes lose connection for like 30mins-1hour.i would appreciate some info and help on this thank you.

p.s. strangely the bit torrent still works properly without strange delays or stops

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice