Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shared Memory!

3K views 19 replies 2 participants last post by  Nitin1705 
#1 ·
Hy guys ! I hav 2 gb nvidia gpu in my system but m confused about tht 7.9gb of total memory? Anyone plz tell me about shared memory

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Font Rectangle Technology Paper Circle

Your computer has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 graphic card which has 2.00 GB of video memory.
Its Windows operating system has dedicated about 5.71 GB of its RAM to it as shared memory.
This is normal, so it's nothing that you need to be worried about.

You didn't submit any specs of your computer, but I'm guessing it has at least 16 GB of RAM.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
View attachment 258545

Your computer has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 graphic card which has 2.00 GB of video memory.
Its Windows operating system has dedicated about 5.71 GB of its RAM to it as shared memory.
This is normal, so it's nothing that you need to be worried about.

You didn't submit any specs of your computer, but I'm guessing it has at least 16 GB of RAM.

yea 12 gb of ram.. :)

#5 ·
Thanks for the clarification. With it having 5.7 GB of shared video memory, I knew it had to have more than 8 GB of RAM. ;)

My Dell OptiPlex 7010 also has a GeForce GT 730 2 GB graphic card, but it has 8 GB of RAM, so it has 2 GB of shared video memory.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
Different computers and graphic devices and Windows operating systems will adjust shared memory differently.
There's really no set pattern to it.

Here is another example:
My Dell OptiPlex 780 with 8 GB of RAM has a GeForce GT 720 1 GB graphic card.
It has 3 GB of shared memory.

#9 ·
If your laptop has both NVIDIA and Intel graphic devices, it has what's caused switchable graphic capability.
It's unknown which graphic device the Windows Index Experience is checking, but it's not very accurate anyway, so don't worry about it.

#10 ·
okay thnx :)
m using windows 10 now nd experiencing some start up issues like taking much time during startup nd also always asking password
is there any way to solve tht or reduce time?
nd for pasword firstly i was using the windows account then i changed it to local one ...is there any setting present in win10 to remove pass .m a newbie in case of win 10

#11 ·
I use Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home, so that gives me more options to make changes.
I also install it so it automatically loads to the Windows desktop instead of requiring a sign-in password.
I also uninstall afterwards most of the 30+ extras it comes with.
Doing all this makes Windows 10 load quicker and makes updating it easier and reduces conflicts with other apps.
Unfortunately, this isn't easy for a newbie to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------

#13 ·
mine is also pro version
Type winver in the search or run box, then press the Enter key.
What's the exact "Version" and "OS Build" numbers listed there?
can you tell me how to uninstall extras u talkin about
I would have to be THERE to see which ones you have and to show you how to do it with a third-party app.

#14 ·
Type winver in the search or run box, then press the Enter key.
What's the exact "Version" and "OS Build" numbers listed there?

I would have to be THERE to see which ones you have and to show you how to do it with a third-party app.

this one

Attachments

#15 ·
Version 1507 Build 10240 was released in July 2015 and is very outdated and is no longer supported by Microsoft.

You need to upgrade it to one of these versions/builds:

Version 1607 Build 14393 - released in July 2016

Version 1703 Build 15063 - released in March 2017

If you don't know how to go through the upgrade process, you need to ask someone computer-knowledgeable to help you.

I just noticed that you haven't provided any description of your computer.

If it's a factory-brand one, advise what its brand name and model name and complete model number is.

If it's a self-built one, advise what the brand name and complete model number of its motherboard is.

#16 ·
Version 1507 Build 10240 was released in July 2015 and is very outdated and is no longer supported by Microsoft.

You need to upgrade it to one of these versions/builds:

Version 1607 Build 14393 - released in July 2016

Version 1703 Build 15063 - released in March 2017

If you don't know how to go through the upgrade process, you need to ask someone computer-knowledgeable to help you.

I just noticed that you haven't provided any description of your computer.

If it's a factory-brand one, advise what its brand name and model name and complete model number is.

If it's a self-built one, advise what the brand name and complete model number of its motherboard is.

its not showing gpu ..nvidia geforce 920mx 2 gb

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.