1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shared Printer keeps disappearing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jaluo, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaluo

Jaluo Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a LAN on which there's a mix of PC's across different Windows OS's.
    One one such PC which is using Windows 7, is an Epson LX 350 which I'm wanting to share with another PC using Windows 8.1

The issue being faced is, the LX 350 keeps disappearing from the list of printers, yet it's always available on the Windows 7 PC to which it's connected.

Would really appreciate some help on this, pls.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    a. The host PC never sleeps, hibernates or otherwise leaves the network?

b. Any change to the network between the time the printer is seen and the time it disappears? A change to the network can be any device leaving (e.g., disconnect, sleep, shut down) or connecting (e.g., awakening from Sleep, reconnecting after being away from the area). After such a change it can take up to about 20 minutes before every device gets the updated list of devices on the network.

Jaluo likes this.
  3. Jaluo

Jaluo Thread Starter

Thanks, Terry.

I've set the host PC to have no sleep mode or hibernation and have also made sure the host PC has been powered up and running for hours before confirming the observations.
    I've also checked the network and other shared printers do not disappear.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1154765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice