1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

shared printer settings would not save after log off

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Kromos, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kromos

Kromos Thread Starter

i setuped and shared a hp deskjet 1220c printer on pca,then conected pcb to pca so that pcb can print tp the hp printer. after doing everything, then logging off. i then logged off but as soon as i logged back in there are no printer settings in printers folder ! ! !

any help welcomed

thanks ! ! !

2. surveyranger

surveyranger

what OS are you running on each pc?
    how are the computers connected to each other?
    were you able to print from pcB to the shared printer initially or did you have to restart?
    were you prompted that you'd have to download drivers for the hp dj 1220?

3. Kromos

Kromos Thread Starter

both are windows xp,
    they are connected through a network(both pcs are in one room and both want to print to just one printer),
    as soon as i setup the printer on pcb, i could print to the printer with no problems,
    the drivers were already on pcb ! ! !

4. Ciberblade

Ciberblade Retired Moderator

Are you connected via USB? If so, there have been some problems with sharing local printers with some HP models...I didn't find anything specific on HP's site. Does the driver install a monitoring device? If it does, you may need to turn this feature off -- the settings may not show until it can re-connect.

5. Kromos

Kromos Thread Starter

the printer is connected via a parrallel port ! ! !

6. Ciberblade

Ciberblade Retired Moderator

How is pcB connected to pcA?
    In the properties of the printer on pcB...is the port listed as [//pcB/printername]?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/403380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice