Shareware games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

heatherew

I have a question about shareware CD games. I have a CD-rom with literally hundreds of games on it, but most say after 30 days of use I have to purchase the game or I can no longer use it. If after 30 days the game is still working, how on earth can they know who is still playing the game and who isn't?

The games automatically record how many times they've been used, or how many days you've used it by using your registry and your clock. To get around it, you have to use methods that are not allowed to be discussed on these forums, so your best bet is to just buy the game if you really like it.

heatherew

I tried the free shareware link you gave, but they have shut down that particular webpage. Do you know of any others?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online