Sharing a DIAL UP is being a pain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dj Emo

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
ok here's Where I'll start :mad:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I have a hub (Linksys)
Connected to 2 pcs
One running Windows XP pro and the other Runnin XP home
The problem is.. I can see the other computers files Via the Network neighborhood, or typin //(compsname) in the run box..
The problem I'm having is sharing a Dial up, I've tried Network Setup wizard 1,000,000 times...
Oh and the only way i can see the other comps files is if I set the IP on the client Manually, i can't seemed to have it automatically obtain the IP off the host...
The workgroups are both the same.. and everything
I just don't understand
I don't wanna share it through a proxy
I want it to be set with the windows xp I.C.S
And i know its not the hardware...Cause it worked before
But it stopped since i took my modem out and put it back in... the same with the other computer removed it and put it back in...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online