1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sharing a DIAL UP is being a pain

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dj Emo, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dj Emo

Dj Emo Thread Starter

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    ok here's Where I'll start :mad:
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I have a hub (Linksys)
    Connected to 2 pcs
    One running Windows XP pro and the other Runnin XP home
    The problem is.. I can see the other computers files Via the Network neighborhood, or typin //(compsname) in the run box..
    The problem I'm having is sharing a Dial up, I've tried Network Setup wizard 1,000,000 times...
    Oh and the only way i can see the other comps files is if I set the IP on the client Manually, i can't seemed to have it automatically obtain the IP off the host...
    The workgroups are both the same.. and everything
    I just don't understand
    I don't wanna share it through a proxy
    I want it to be set with the windows xp I.C.S
    And i know its not the hardware...Cause it worked before
    But it stopped since i took my modem out and put it back in... the same with the other computer removed it and put it back in...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice