Sharing a printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tarnishedwisdom

is it possible to print to a printer not on my LAN if i have access to its IP address, and if so, how do i do it? both computers are connected to the web through separate LANS.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
That would depend on a lot of factors. I doubt that the shares are openly exposed to the Internet, or the integrity of the link won't last long. :) Also, I suspect that one or both of the computers and/or printers is behind a firewall or gateway of some sort, so there are all sorts of issues to address.

There are ways of doing remote printing, but we need to know a lot more about both ends of the equation before any intelligent answer is forthcoming. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online