1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sharing a Verizon ADSL Connection

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by john s, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john s

john s Thread Starter

MY office just signed up for Verizon ADSL service and I'm having a strange problem with DNS.

Some machines on the LAN can get out to the internet just fine. Other machines can not get out to see web pages. The reason I believe it's a DNS problem is I can ping all sites using the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx notation but I can not ping any sites when I use www.yahoo.com. I know it's not the machines because when I set up the machines to access the old dsl connection it connects just fine. We are using a linksys cable/dsl router to connect to the outside world for the new connection. I've tried clearing out the DNS cache with no success. :confused:

2. Dan O

Dan O

Is each workstation configurated with Obtain an IP Adress automatically and Enabed DNS? Delete any DNS Server Search Order entries. The Linksys cable/dsl router act as a DHCP host and it should provide the DNS as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!