1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sharing and Remote Access Problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jemiller1963, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jemiller1963

jemiller1963 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

New to the forum. I have XP SP2 at the office and the guy who takes care of support happens to be one of the owners of the company. I'm unable to share any files and I am unable to connect remotely to the box. So if I connect to the VPN from home, I cannot access anything. Also, network updates and iTunes sharing doesn't work. In addition, my ip cannot be pinged. The tech guy/boss looked at it and decided that the system worked fine enough and moved on to bigger and better things.

:mad:

So I was wondering if any of you had any insight as to where to start to fix this issue.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!