Sharing desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

referee07

I and my son share the computer in my home and I would like to have the icons/programs on my desktop (Windows XP) available to him and visa versa but I don't know how to do this. Any help will be appreciated. :)

Try the following:

Copy and paste the icons you both want to the following location:

C:\documents and settings\all users\desktop (something like that!). Or you can copy the icons to each others desktop folder under each profile.

Does that make sense?
Does it work?

Regards

Pileyrei

referee07

Is there someplace/folder where he can go and retrieve the icons from my desktop that he wants without coping and pasting? Thanks again.

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Just do what Pileyrei.

By putting your icons in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

It will show up on his desktop.

The only way he will be able to do it is if he is an Administrator of the computer.

Everybodies Desktop settings are in there own folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Desktop

Copy and paste them from there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts